Scars are created by loss of collagen during the wound healing process.
Types of acne scars:
How can we fix it :
At Clinique Grace we offer 2 different types of treatments:
Peelings(sometimes combined with Microneedling for better results)
Microneedling corrects the scars by mechanical breakdown of the existing scarring.
This allows for new, natural wound healing cascade (as opposed to negative wound healing factors that were present in the initial injury that resulted in the scaring like burning or the infection of acne). It stimulates the production of growth factors and new proteins that would remodel the scar tissue.
how often does it take to see results?
How many sessions does it take?
Microneedling ALSO helps us for the following:
- Control on the melanogenesis (Pigmentation problems)
- Removing fine wrinkles and improving texture
- Skin tightening
- Reducing pore size
- The evaluation is mandatory to see if you are good candidate for treatment and how many sessions we will need to be able to achieve results.
What to expect:
You can go back to work or have an event 2 hrs after.
- Redness only same day after the session
- We recommend 1-3 sessions done monthly (depending on severity and expectations )
- Skin care mandatory to maintain and enhance results.
- You see immediately results on the Skin quality and luminosity, but for truly improvement on skin tightening and wrinkles please expect 2 months.
- All of our treatments includes skin evaluation, extractions , microdermabrasion (in mostly of our clients unless they are not candidate), LED light and infusion of vitamins.
Note: There are other procedures that help with scars such as lasers and even injections of hyaluronic acid or other ingredients. We are working on getting a Canadian certified doctor so he can help us to bring this amazing alternatives to the Clinique.